Thanks for your interest in what God is doing at Life Stream Church! The following information is provided to make your visit more enjoyable. If you have any other questions either before or after your visit with us, we encourage you to reach out to us at any time as it would be our pleasure to assist you in any way.
+ What to Expect on a Sunday
We are a welcoming, friendly community of believers made up of people of different ages and religious backgrounds who have decided to follow Jesus together. Our services consist of a relevant and compelling teaching and lively, uplifting worship music which blends contemporary worship songs with reworked traditional hymns.
Dress is definitely “come as you are” as you will see people in shorts, jeans, slacks, dresses and jackets. We really don’t care what you are wearing – just that you are there to learn, worship and grow!
Child care is available at all services from newborn through 5th grade with age appropriate activities for all children. Children can be checked in using our state-of-the-art security system to ensure child safety.
+ How Can I Get Involved?
If you would like more information regarding how you might get involved in one of our ministries, please check out the information in the "grow" and "serve" menus on navigation bar or call the office at 616.777.0365. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Membership is open to all believers who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior. Membership classes are held in the spring for those who desire to make Life Stream their church home.
+ Church Shopping
Church shopping may not be the best term for finding a community of faith, but nevertheless it is important to find a place where you can be challenged, have community, and serve. At Life Stream we understand the importance of finding a church home and the challenges associated with finding just the right fit. Each church community has a specific DNA of their own. The following are important tips to be aware of when looking for a church community:
- Visit more than once – one service may not give you a complete picture.
- When beginning the process make a list of your top three or four values/needs. Examples of values or needs may include the following: style, teaching, atmosphere, community, proximity, serving opportunities, and theology, etc. It is important to define what those look like and mean to you and others in your family.
- We gather to worship not for what we get but because God is God and deserves our worship. We are also called to advance the Kingdom. Basically there are no spectators in church we are all on the field and in the game.
- Don’t drift too long. After some time, pick where you will land and commit. Like in a marriage relationship you won’t really know all there is to know until you are all in. Have a plan and stick to it.
- Make it a priority to pray throughout the process, asking the Holy Spirit to guide you. In addition to praying through your decision, pray for the leaders and people of each church you visit.
- Treat each church you visit as if you were a guest in someone’s home; be gracious and try to focus on the positives instead of the negatives.
Remember there are no perfect people, therefore because the church is made of people, no church will be perfect. Rather than looking for perfection, seek a place where you can be challenged, have community, and serve.